Thursday, March 26, 2009

FCE key word transformation 6

1. Why are you interested in taking up a new hobby?
want
Why ........................................ up a new hobby?
2. "Have you seen my gloves anywhere, Eric?" asked Mrs Noble.
seen
Mrs Noble asked Eric ........................................ her gloves anywhere.
3. Suzanne was too excited to sleep.
that
Suzanne was ........................................ not sleep.
4. Robert has not had a job for two years.
out
Robert has ........................................ for two years.
5. "I will complete the work only if you pay me 500 pounds extra," said Frank.
not
"I will ....................................... you pay me 500 pounds extra," said Frank.
6. The thief ran past you so I'm sure you saw his face.
must
The thief ran right past you so ........................................ his face.
7. The clients demanded to stay in a first-class hotel.
staying
The clients ........................................ in a first-class hotel.
8. I don't object to the council building a new road here.
objection
I ........................................ the council building a new road here.
9. The author wrote her latest novel while she was staying in Majorca.
was
The author's latest novel ........................................ stay in Majorca.
10. The newspaper offered Lynda 5,000 pounds for her story, but she refused.
turned
Lynda ...................................... of 5,000 pounds from the newspaper for her story.
11. Because it snowed heavily during the night the motorway is closed.
due
The motorway is closed ........................................ that there was heavy snow the night before.
12. Did you manage to get in contact with the boss today?
getting
Did you ........................................ in contact with the boss today?
13. I don’t care what you do.
concerned
As ........................................ you can do what you like.
14. The meal we had in the restaurant was so nice.
such
It ........................................ meal in the restaurant.
15. He was ordered to leave the field for arguing with the referee.
sent
The referee ....................................... for arguing.
16. Do you and your brother have the same looks?
like
Does ........................................ you?
17. That’s the garage where I left my car last week.
repaired
That’s where I went ........................................ last week.
18. You can't bring food into this room.
supposed
You ........................................ food into this room.
19. What do you think Steve is doing in the garden?'
wondered
She ........................................ in the garden.
20. What do you think Steve is doing in the garden?'
wondered
She ........................................ in the garden.
21. I've tried again and again but I just can't do it.
often
No ......................................try, I still can't do it.
22. 'Why don't you come over for dinner at the weekend?' he asked her.
suggested
He .................................. for dinner at the weekend.
23. His boss won't tolerate lateness.
put
His boss won't .................................. lateness.
24. The school I studied at last year was better than this one.
good
This school ................... my last one.
25. Although the weather was terrible we had a good time.
spite
We had a good time .................... the terrible weather.
26. Being rude is inexcusable.
excuse
There is ............................. rude
27. I find driving on the left in England very strange.
accustomed
I ..................................... on the left in England.
28. I regret taking up smoking.
wish
I ..................................... smoke.
29. The police are interviewing the suspects.
interviewed
The suspects ..................................... by the police.
30. Sally asked me 'Have you had a nice holiday?'
if
Sally asked me ............... a nice holiday.
31. We've missed the last bus so there's no point in waiting
worth
It .................. as we've missed the last bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your possible comments will give me invaluable feedback and help develop the site.