Wednesday, March 4, 2009

FCE key word transformation practice 2

1 They’re going to get rid of all these small shops when they build the new supermarket.
with
They’re going to ........……….….................. all these small shops when they build the new supermarket.

2 It’s your decision whether we stay in or go out.
up
It’s ........……….….................. whether we stay in or go out.

3 I know I’ve done really badly in that test.
mess
I know I’ve really ........……….….................. that test.

4 Jerry and his boss work really well together.
relationship
Jerry has ........……….….................. with his colleagues.


5 I think that I’m going to win this competition.
feeling
I ........……….….................. that I’m going to win this competition.

6 My parents don’t think my ideas are important at all.
seriously
My parents don’t ........……….….................. at all.

7 Jill doesn’t often walk to college.
unusual
It’s ........……….….................. walk to college.

8 My grandmother always found the new coins strange when the euro was introduced.
used
My grandmother ........……….….................. the new coins when the euro was introduced.

9 My dad always talks when I’m watching my favourite TV programme.
habit
My dad has ........……….….................. when I’m watching my favourite TV programme.


10 I usually say exactly what I’m thinking.
tendency
I ........……….….................. say exactly what I’m thinking.


1 If she hadn’t helped me, I couldn’t have finished the decorating.
able
If she hadn’t helped me, I wouldn’t ............………………………....... the decorating.

2 I won’t lend you my skirt unless you promise to look after it.
if
I won’t lend you my skirt ............………………………....... promise to look after it.

3 Jim said he would tidy the house only if Ruth helped him.
not
Jim said he would ............………………………....... Ruth helped him.

4 I didn’t feel hungry, despite missing dinner.
even
I didn’t feel hungry, ............………………………....... dinner.

5 Carmen regretted not visiting her grandmother more while she was alive.
wished
Carmen ............………………………....... her grandmother more while she was alive.

6 You might become rich, but you still wouldn’t be happy.
even
You wouldn’t be happy ............………………………....... rich.

7 Don became very wealthy by selling used cars.
fortune
Don ............………………………....... selling used cars.

8 Kira didn’t say anything about her illness last night.
made
Kira ............………………………....... her illness last night.

9 Hal found something unexpectedly when he cleared out the attic.
discovery
Hal ............………………………....... when he cleared out the attic.

10 I didn’t want to create difficulties for Robin by mentioning our disagreement.
cause
I didn’t want to ............………………………....... by mentioning our disagreement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your possible comments will give me invaluable feedback and help develop the site.