Thursday, March 26, 2009

FCE key word transformation 7

1. It’s the first time she’s ever driven a car.
She ......................................................................................a car
2. They arrived too late to get a good seat.
They didn’t ......................................................................a good seat .
3. You may need to contact me, so I’ll give you my phone number. (case)
I’ll give you my phone ……………………………………contact me.
4. Eventually, you will find it easy to milk the cow. (used)
You …………………………………………………..the cow eventually.
5. I will never weigh the same as my brother. (be)
I will ………………………………………………………as my brother.
6. The little boy said that his father was richer than my father. (as)
“Your father is …………………………my father,” said the little boy.
7. He does not travel as far as I do every week. (than)
I travel ……………………………………………..does every week.
8. This tree will soon be as tall as our house. (same)
This tree will soon be ……………………………………………our house.
9. I speak French badly, but I think I speak it better than you. (than)
I think you speak French ……………………………………………do.
10. She hasn’t spoken to her brother-in-law for ages. (spoke)
It’s ………………………………………………………..to her brother-in-law.
11. The baby started crying at 8 o’clock this morning, and it still hasn’t stopped. (been)
The baby …………………………………………………8 o’clock this morning.
12. We moved to this city 16 years ago. (in)
We have ……………………………………………….16 years.
13. A friend of mine owns four Mercedes. (who)
I have ……………………………………………….four Mercedes.
14. He is very fit because he trains every day. (why)
The …………………………………..so fit is because he trains every day.
15. I borrowed a calculator from that girl. (whose)
That is ………………………………………………….I borrowed.
16. Both of her brothers are in the Navy. (who)
She has ………………………………………..in the Navy.
17. Her father took her to the dentist twice a year when she was a child. (to)
When she was a child, her father …………………………to the dentist twice a year.
18. When I was at university, I used to go to the library every day. (would)
When I was at university, ……………………………..to the library every day.
19. Going out to restaurants was not something we did very often. (use)
We …………………………………………..out to restaurants very often.
20. I have arranged to meet my bank manager in the near future. (am)
I …………………………………………………………………….soon.
21. What do you intend to do with all that money? (are)
What ……………………………………………………..with all that money?
22. Les is such a bad pianist that no one can bear to listen to him. (piano)
Les plays ……………………………..that no one can bear to listen to him.
23. I don’t see her very often because she lives in Canada. (more)
I ……………………………………….if she didn’t live in Canada.
24. The reason he isn’t going to buy that car is because it is too expensive. (cheaper)
If ……………………………………………………..he would buy it.
25. My dog has got short legs, so it can’t run very fast. (able)
My dog …………………………………to run faster if it had longer legs.
26. Could you hold this for a moment? (mind)
Would ……………………………………………for a moment, please?
27. Why are you interested in taking up a new hobby? (want)
Why ....................................……………….... up a new hobby?
28. "Have you seen my gloves anywhere, Eric?" asked Mrs Noble. (seen)
Mrs Noble asked Eric ...........................…………………............. her gloves anywhere.
29. Suzanne was too excited to sleep. (that)
Suzanne was ......................................…………………. not sleep.
30. Robert has not had a job for two years. (out)
Robert has ..............................………………….......... for two years.
31. "I will complete the work only if you pay me 500 pounds extra," said Frank. (not)
"I will ....................................... you pay me 500 pounds extra," said Frank.
32. The author wrote her latest novel while she was staying in Majorca. (was)
The author's latest novel ........…………............................... stay in Majorca.
33. The newspaper offered Lynda 5,000 pounds for her story, but she refused. (turned)
Lynda ...................................... of 5,000 pounds from the newspaper for her story.
34. The doctors tried very hard to save him. (best)
The doctors .................……………….......... to save him.
35. The salesman said he was sorry he was late for the meeting. (apologized)
The salesman ..................……………………........ late for the meeting.
36. The food was so good we had to leave a tip. (such)
It ........................................... we had to leave a tip.
37. The computer was too expensive for me to buy. (enough)
I ........................................... money to buy the computer.
38. It's the most beautiful painting I've ever seen. (seen)
I ....................................………………........ beautiful painting.
39. This summer has been much cooler than last year. (cool)
Last summer .................……………………................ this year.
40. I'm not as good at maths as you. (better)
You ................………......................... me.
41. The course wasn't as easy as I'd expected. (more)
The course …………………………………………... I'd expected.
42. I won't organise the party unless you arrange the food. (long)
I'll organise the party ………………………………………... arrange the food.
43. I think it would be a good idea to speak to the manager first. (were)
If ……………………………………………………. speak to the manager first.
44. If you do the washing up I'll make the coffee. (provided)
I'll make the coffee …………………………………………………... the washing up.
45. 'What do you think of the college?' (asked)
She .....................................…………………... of the college.
46. 'What's your name?' he asked. (know)
He ..................................................……………………..... what my name was.
47. Is it possible that he will win the race? (likely)
Is ........................................................................................................................................the race?
48. They started their journey early in the morning. (set)
They....................................................................................................................early in the morning.
49. He didn't run fast enough to catch the bus. (too)
He ............................................................................................................................ to catch the bus.
50. They don't allow smoking in this area. (people)
They don't ................................................................................................................ in this area.
51. She loves participating in song contests. (part)
She loves ..................................................................................................song contests.
52. There is little I can do to help her. (much)
There ..............................................................................................................do to help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your possible comments will give me invaluable feedback and help develop the site.